RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — One person was taken to an area hospital after a two-car crash along New Hope Church Road/Buffalo Road near Capital Boulevard Saturday afternoon.
The incident was reported around 3:30 p.m. and is impacting traffic heading south on U.S. 1/Capital Boulevard, according to officials and Raleigh police.
An SUV flipped in the crash when one car that was being driven “at excessive speed” collided with the other, police said.
One person was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, but the extent of that person’s injuries is not known, according to police.
Another person was still at the scene and did not require hospitalization, police said.
Around 5:15 p.m., all lanes reopened and traffic was flowing again on U.S. 1.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Johnston County school bus involved in crash, 4 students injured, officials say
- Sponsored Content: NC DHHS Vaccine Safety
- NCDOT’s Spring Litter Sweep now underway
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Poll looks at what workers want in a company
- Va. police officer fired after Black Army officer pepper-sprayed during stop