RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — One person was taken to an area hospital after a two-car crash along New Hope Church Road/Buffalo Road near Capital Boulevard Saturday afternoon.
The incident was reported around 3:30 p.m. and is impacting traffic heading south on U.S. 1/Capital Boulevard, according to officials and Raleigh police.
An SUV flipped in the crash when one car that was being driven “at excessive speed” collided with the other, police said.
One person was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, but the extent of that person’s injuries is not known, according to police.
Another person was still at the scene and did not require hospitalization, police said.
Around 5:15 p.m., all lanes reopened and traffic was flowing again on U.S. 1.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Inmate dies while being processed at the Moore County Detention Center
- 3 Wake County buildings requiring COVID-19 screening to enter
- Johnston County consolidating EMS services, forcing 2 longtime providers out
- No one hurt after train hits mini-van broken down on tracks in Goldsboro
- Fire damages businesses in Durham strip mall