RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — One person was taken to a hospital for treatment after an SUV flipped in a two-vehicle crash that closed St. Marys Street in Raleigh for about an hour Tuesday night.
The incident happened around 7:10 p.m. at the intersection of St. Marys Street and Nichols Drive, which is just a block from Wake Avenue.
A car crashed into the side of an SUV at the intersection, which caused the SUV to flip, police said. The driver of the car was cited for unsafe movement, according to Raleigh police.
Two EMS units were at the scene and St. Marys Street was closed until at least 8:05 p.m. in the area near Cameron Village. Units were still at the scene as of 8:25 p.m.
There is no information about the severity of injuries.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Plans for Walkable Midtown moving forward
- US announces sanctions against Iran for attempted election interference
- Searches for ‘When does the debate end’ spike 3,000 percent as candidates wrap up final confrontation
- Debate quiz: Who said it? Biden or Trump?
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now