RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — One person was taken to a hospital for treatment after an SUV flipped in a two-vehicle crash that closed St. Marys Street in Raleigh for about an hour Tuesday night.
The incident happened around 7:10 p.m. at the intersection of St. Marys Street and Nichols Drive, which is just a block from Wake Avenue.
A car crashed into the side of an SUV at the intersection, which caused the SUV to flip, police said. The driver of the car was cited for unsafe movement, according to Raleigh police.
Two EMS units were at the scene and St. Marys Street was closed until at least 8:05 p.m. in the area near Cameron Village. Units were still at the scene as of 8:25 p.m.
There is no information about the severity of injuries.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Protests remain peaceful in Raleigh amid city-wide curfew
- ‘A gentle giant’: George Floyd’s uncle recalls his life, calls for peace and justice
- Protesters take to the streets in downtown Durham Monday night
- Boxer Floyd Mayweather to pay for George Floyd’s funeral
- Trump declares he’s president of law and order
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now