WENDELL, N.C. (WNCN) — A man was taken into custody after a shooting in Wake County Saturday morning injured another man, officials say.
The incident was reported just before 10 a.m. near the 5400 block of Riley Hill Road north of Wendell, according to a news release from Eric Curry, spokesman for the Wake County Sheriff’s Office.
When deputies arrived they found Joshua Seth Fauls-Harden, 35, suffering from at least one gunshot wound, Curry said in the news release.
Justin Perry, 35, was taken into custody, the news release said. Perry was later charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, according to arrest records.
No other information was provided.
“The cause of the shooting is still under investigation,” Curry said in the statement.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 3 teens arrested in string of violent robberies in Fayetteville, police say
- Years-long nurse shortage in NC exacerbated by pandemic, officials say
- 27 veterans die in COVID-19 outbreak at Illinois VA home
- Black and Blue Kickoff Live: Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey expected to miss game against Minnesota Vikings
- New mask material created at NC State makes up for shortage of N95, surgical masks