RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A man was wounded in a shooting while in a car along Glenwood Avenue in North Raleigh Sunday night, police say.
The incident was reported as “shots fired into a vehicle” around 9:50 p.m. at 9008 Glenwood Avenue, which is also U.S. 70, according to Raleigh police.
The area is just north of the entrance to William B. Umstead Park. At the scene, investigators were focused on a car that appeared to have some damage — possibly from the shooting.
The victim was taken to a WakeMed hospital for treatment, police said. The man who was shot appeared to have injuries that were not life-threatening, according to a news release from Raleigh police.
Detectives are leading a follow-up investigation and anyone with information that might assist detectives is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Clayton police chief, who is taking new job, has made $21,000 while on leave since November
- Funeral plans announced for Horry County officer killed near Myrtle Beach
- 2 taken to hospital after shooting in Cumberland County, sheriff says
- New Jersey causes stir by making smokers eligible for COVID-19 vaccine
- Fake drugs? Substance found in car from police auction was initially believed to be $300K in heroin