GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) – A 16-year-old faces a series of felony charges connected to a shooting on Atchinson Drive on Wednesday, police said.
Garner police said the shooting, which left a 17-year-old with non-life threatening injuries, was not a random act.
The shooting occurred near Atchison Drive and November Street just after 5 p.m.
Late Thursday, Garner police said a 16-year-old male had been arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, kidnapping, attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon, and conspiracy to commit robbery.
Further information was not immediately available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham Public Schools opts to continue remote learning through end of semester
- Louisville officer shooting suspect will face charges of assault, wanton endangerment
- Durham police car involved in crash while trying to stop armed robbery suspect
- Florida woman spent murder GoFundMe donations on shopping, bills, deputies say
- Senator proposes bill requiring states count and report federal election ballots within 24 hours