GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) — Garner police are investigating after a teen was shot and later hospitalized Thursday.
Police say the shooting happened in the 1800 block of Spring Drive shortly after 6 p.m. at the Legacy at 2000 complex.
A 16-year-old boy was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
“That is just terrible to hear. I live right across the street from Garner High School. I would never think of something like that to happen,” neighbor C.J. Lewis said. “I hear kids and see people walking around here all the time. I would never think of something like that to happen.”
Garner police say Garner Magnet High School was placed on lockdown for about 20-30 minutes because there was a football game going on when the shooting happened.
The suspect vehicle is described as a small, gray car that is possibly a Hyundai. Two males were seen leaving on foot and a female was in the car, police said.
Police have not made any arrests in the shooting.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Viral Arkansas police officer on a mission to make a difference
- Stevie Wonder, Celine Dion, Black Eyed Peas to perform in honor of nurses this Thanksgiving
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Walmart Black Friday: Here are the best deals you can find right now online
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure