GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) — Garner police are investigating after a teen was shot and later hospitalized Thursday.
Police say the shooting happened in the 1800 block of Spring Drive shortly after 6 p.m. at the Legacy at 2000 complex.
A 16-year-old boy was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
“That is just terrible to hear. I live right across the street from Garner High School. I would never think of something like that to happen,” neighbor C.J. Lewis said. “I hear kids and see people walking around here all the time. I would never think of something like that to happen.”
Garner police say Garner Magnet High School was placed on lockdown for about 20-30 minutes because there was a football game going on when the shooting happened.
The suspect vehicle is described as a small, gray car that is possibly a Hyundai. Two males were seen leaving on foot and a female was in the car, police said.
Police have not made any arrests in the shooting.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- VIDEO: House crumbles, plunges off hill during landslide
- Man meets up with dating app matches, then robs them, Va. police warn
- Former North Carolina Lt. Gov. Bob Jordan dies at 87
- Mom and teen daughter posed as photographers to steal baby, deputies say
- Boston College holds off NC State rally for 71-68 win
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now