RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Recently unsealed court documents show a 16-year-old has been indicted in connection with the murder of a Raleigh teen in Knightdale last year.
On Dec. 1, 2018, Tyree Saquan Temoney, 18, of Raleigh was brought to WakeMed after suffering a fatal gunshot wound earlier in the day, then-Wake County Sheriff Donnie Harrison said.
Deputies investigated and learned that Temoney was shot while he was in the area of Bellstone Place and Mailwood Drive in Knightdale, officials said.
Authorities said they were talking to a person of interest the same day as the shooting but no information had been released since.
Court documents show Elijah Caldwell, of Wake County was indicted on a first-degree murder charge on May 21.
Caldwell was in Wake County Juvenile Detention Center at the time of the indictment, records show.
He was moved to the Wake County Detention Center on Aug. 7 where he will be held without bond.
Caldwell is scheduled to appear in court on Aug. 12 at 9:30 a.m.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- SCDOT: Increase at the pump means increase in jobs; gas tax to create 1000 asphalt jobs
- Mother snorted heroin, drove young daughters around Tennessee, police say
- Chase for the Championship | UNC looks for a win
- Durham artist uses talents to encourage conversation about violence in community
- Military widows set to finally receive survivor benefits
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now