RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A 17-year-old is being treating at the hospital after he was injured in a shooting overnight in Raleigh, police said.
Officers were called to the 2400 block of Little John Road just after 2 a.m. on Tuesday in response to a shooting.
Little John Road is in a neighborhood near Sunnybrook and Poole roads in southeast Raleigh.
At the scene, a 17-year-old was found suffering from a gunshot wound. He was taken to WakeMed for treatment, police said.
His current condition was not released.
Anyone with information that might assist detectives with the investigation is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or visit raleighcrimestoppers.org for text and email reporting options. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for anonymous tips that help solve cases.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mets general manager admits sending explicit texts, images to female reporter, report says
- Thief berated mom for leaving kid in car he stole, police say
- In a historic move, Biden picks transgender woman as assistant health secretary
- South Carolina man who reportedly took selfie in US Capitol charged
- CBS 17 Job Alert — Aerotek and FedEx are hiring