RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh police arrested two people in connection with a pair of armed robberies that happened early in February, a news release said Friday.
Eric Javier Diaz, 35, and Roberto Estrada-Avila, 49, were each charged with two counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon and conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon.
Police said Diaz and Estrada-Avila are connected to a Feb. 1 robbery of La Tiendita Market, located at 6010 Duraleigh Rd., and a Feb. 8 robbery of El Ranchito, located at 3110 New Bern Ave.
Diaz and Estrada-Avila were taken to the Wake County Detention Center.
No further information was released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake County Sheriff’s Office receives $200k matching grant for body cams
- Reward offered after 1 shot in Johnston County home invasion
- Appeals court allows NC to keep absentee deadline extension
- Epsilon strengthens to become 10th hurricane this season
- Gastonia prepares for Trump’s visit with more than 15,000 expected to attend
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now