WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WNCN) – Three fire departments from two counties battled a two-alarm fire at a home in Wake Forest Tuesday afternoon, officials said.
No one was home at the time of the fire. Two cats and a dog were rescued.
The call came in around 3 p.m. for the fire along the 7400 block of Oriole Drive.
Firefighters arrived to find a heavy fire coming from the house’s attic.
They had difficulty getting to it because the roof collapsed, so they had to stay away until it was more stable, officials said.
Firefighters from Wake Forest, New Hope, and Youngsville fire departments all responded.
No further information was available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC man gets prison time for secretly recording children using his bathroom
- Voter access or voter integrity? Congress debates Republican-backed bills
- North Carolina House finance chair stripped of position
- ‘Basic accountability’: Biden advocates for reform after Chauvin verdict
- Global carbon emissions decreased by 6.4% amid COVID-19 pandemic