RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Two men have been charged in connection with the shooting death of a 25-year-old woman at a Raleigh shopping center early Friday, police said Sunday night.
According to police, officers responded to a shooting call around 12:53 a.m. in the 5500-block of Atlantic Springs Road.
Once at the scene, police found a woman who had suffered serious injuries in the incident. She was taken to WakeMed for treatment.
Later Friday, Raleigh police said Maya Elaine Rogers, 25, died as a result of her injuries.
Late Sunday night, police said Christopher Deandre Gregg, 20, of Thomasville was charged with murder in the case.
Daron Fitzgerald Pouncy, 22, also of Thomasville was charged with accessory after the fact to murder and possession of firearm by a felon in connection with the incident, according to police.
Pouncy and Gregg have been transported to the Wake County Detention Center.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Duke faculty remember Hank Aaron’s impact on campus youth summer program
- NC-based Marine honored for saving mom and child after car wreck
- Man killed in shooting during dispute at NC sweepstakes parlor
- COVID-19 outbreak linked to wrestling tournament, Louisiana officials say
- NC community terrified as day 3 of manhunt fails to catch suspect with ‘Convict’ tattoo around neck