CARY, N.C. (WNCN) — Two people were displaced after a house fire broke out in Cary early Tuesday morning, according to officials.

At 4:15 a.m., firefighters responded to a two-story house fire in the 100 block of Rainmist Circle near Southwest Cary Parkway.

Officials said two people were inside the home at the time of the fire, but were able to escape before firefighters arrived. The residents were awoken by the smoke detectors, so they were able to get out safely.

With the house left charred and empty — fire crews are crediting smoke alarms inside of the home for keeping people safe.



Cary Fire Department Battalion Chief John Boswell said it’s a scary reminder for everyone to check their own smoke detectors.

“It’s coming up on a good time to check them when we change our times, you need to check your smoke detectors and check your batteries in them to make sure they work properly. That could save your life,” Boswell said.

No one was injured and the fire is under investigation.