GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) — Two store associates at a Food Lion in Garner have tested positive for COVID-19, a spokesperson for Food Lion said.
The employees work at the Food Lion located on 5th Avenue in the Forest Hills Shopping Center.
A Food Lion spokesperson said the employees will not return to work until they are cleared by public health officials.
Officials said the store took immediate action to enhance cleaning procedures. They did not say when the employees tested positive for COVID-19.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Crash involving tree across the road closes section of US-70 in Hillsborough
- Crashes in Chapel Hill down 40 percent – but speeding is on the rise, police chief says
- Sanford to begin 3-week city-wide scavenger hunt on Friday
- Happy 90th birthday Neil Armstrong
- For 2nd time this week, multiple homes in Ocean Isle Beach go up in flames
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now