GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) — Two store associates at a Food Lion in Garner have tested positive for COVID-19, a spokesperson for Food Lion said.
The employees work at the Food Lion located on 5th Avenue in the Forest Hills Shopping Center.
A Food Lion spokesperson said the employees will not return to work until they are cleared by public health officials.
Officials said the store took immediate action to enhance cleaning procedures. They did not say when the employees tested positive for COVID-19.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 21-year-old and juvenile injured in Lumberton shooting
- Portion of Cedar Creek Road in Fayetteville closed due to crash, avoid area
- 1st NC case of new COVID-19 variant detected in Charlotte area
- Teen describes torture and attempt on his life during Grindr date
- Man wounded in shooting along Holloway St. in Durham