RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Two separate wrecks in Raleigh Monday night caused traffic problems on Interstate 440 and Interstate 87/U.S. 64.
The wreck on I-440 happened near Six Forks Road around 9:20 p.m. when a truck heading eastbound crashed into a median wall. Debris was scattered on the highway and the shoulder was blocked.
The other wreck was reported around 8:55 p.m. along I-87/U.S. 64 between New Hope Road and I-440.
Raleigh police said a car collided with a box truck and the car was then pinned under the truck.
The occupant of the car was eventually removed and taken to WakeMed with serious injuries, police said.
The highway heading west was closed at New Hope Road, which is exit 4.
Drivers had been asked to take the following detour: Take Exit 7 to I-540 west, and follow I-540 west to Exit 24. Take Exit 24 to US-64 BUS west, and follow US-64 BUS west to the I-440 east on-ramp. Take the the I-440 east on-ramp to I-440 east and continue on I-440 east to re-access I-87.
The road was reopened around 2:25 a.m. Tuesday, NCDOT officials said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘I’m not alone’: Arkansas teen with autism gets support from football players at school
- CMPD release video following in-custody death of Harold Easter
- Yuengling’s Hershey Chocolate Beer to be released in multiple states, including NC
- Moving Forward: Local attorney says change needs to happen within balance of law
- Can the coronavirus travel more than 6 feet in the air?
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now