RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Two people were seriously injured when a car crashed into a broken-down car Tuesday evening in Raleigh, police said.
The collision happened around 5:50 p.m. near the intersection of North New Hope and Haithcock roads. A family member came to help jump-start a car that had broken down. Another car traveling at a “high rate of speed” hit the broken-down car, police said.
The person trying to jump the car was pinned and the person inside the broken-down car was also injured. Both were taken to the hospital in serious condition, but are expected to recover, police said.
Southbound lanes of North New Hope Road were blocked, but have since reopened. Northbound traffic was impacted, as well.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Alleged white supremacist arrested after ankle monitor puts him at Capitol riot
- Legal battles continue with Kings Mountain casino construction underway
- 7-year-old boy struck by stray bullet during shootout in north Charlotte
- Justice Dept. closes insider trading investigation into Sen. Richard Burr without criminal charges
- Man tried to save life of NC teen who died after being hit by car