CARY, N.C. (WNCN) — Extra police were called after a large brawl spilled out of a Cary high school gym into the parking lot Tuesday night, officials said.
The incident was reported around 9:15 p.m. at Panther Creek High School, according to Town of Cary spokeswoman Carolyn Roman.
Panther Creek was playing Green Hope High School in what Roman said is “a pretty good rivalry” when the incident began.
“Some sort of altercation started in the gym and it spilled out into the parking lot,” Roman said.
Four Cary off-duty police officers were already working at the game when the incident happened, Roman said. After the incident was reported, 17 more officers were sent — including some from Apex and the Wake County Sheriff’s Office, Roman said.
Roman said no arrests had been made and no one was injured.
It’s not know how many people were involved in the altercation or what triggered it.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Building healthy communities: North Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence leads the state’s to end domestic violence
- Kyle Rittenhouse to face homicide charges in Wisconsin after judge OKs extradition request
- Friday, October 30th – Morehead Planetarium and Science Center reopens, see a beautiful new community in Wake Forest
- Youth voter turnout rising, could be key in close NC races
- Some Cumberland County parents say their children are falling behind due to virtual learning
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now