WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WNCN) – Wake Forest police are investigating after a 22-year-old man was killed in a shooting Wednesday night, a news release said.
Officers responded to a report of shots fired shortly after 10 p.m. along the 300-block of North Taylor Street. They arrived to find the victim, identified as Myles Anthony Wilson, had been shot. He died upon his arrival at WakeMed, the release said.
Town spokesperson Bill Crabtree said police don’t believe the shooting was a random act. The investigation is ongoing.
This is Wake Forest’s first murder of the year, officials said.
Anyone with information is asked to call the police tip line at 919-435-9610.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Beloved doctor dies after giving birth, spotlighting risks of pregnancy conditions
- Freebies and deals for Halloween 2020
- Fall streaming season is here and with it, some changes
- UNC-CH issues ‘all clear’ after armed person reported on campus
- Second stimulus checks: How negotiations went from optimistic to ugly
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now