FUQUAY-VARINA, N.C. (WNCN) – The body of a 22-year-old man was found Monday outside a car in the parking lot of Kohl’s in Fuquay-Varina, police said.
At 8 a.m., officers received a call saying a man was sleeping outside a car in the parking lot in the shopping center along Lakestone Commons Avenue.
Responding officers found the body of a 22-year-old man in the parking lot. A gun was found near his body, police said.
“This case is being investigated as a suspicious death at this time until further investigation, to include an autopsy, occurs,” Fuquay-Varina police said in a Facebook post.
The identity of the man was not released
There is no threat to the public at this time.
“Certain entrances to the parking lot are blocked by officers during the processing of the scene by CCBI. We request that you avoid the area where officers are working to respect the investigation,” police said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Full list: All the pardons and commutations issued by President Trump in 2021
- Raleigh buildings light up in amber to honor lives lost to COVID-19
- Winning jackpot numbers for Mega Millions are chosen
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- Durham city leaders pass nondiscrimination ordinance, includes hair