FUQUAY-VARINA, N.C. (WNCN) – The body of a 22-year-old man was found Monday outside a car in the parking lot of Kohl’s in Fuquay-Varina, police said.
At 8 a.m., officers received a call saying a man was sleeping outside a car in the parking lot in the shopping center along Lakestone Commons Avenue.
Responding officers found the body of a 22-year-old man in the parking lot. A gun was found near his body, police said.
“This case is being investigated as a suspicious death at this time until further investigation, to include an autopsy, occurs,” Fuquay-Varina police said in a Facebook post.
The identity of the man was not released
There is no threat to the public at this time.
“Certain entrances to the parking lot are blocked by officers during the processing of the scene by CCBI. We request that you avoid the area where officers are working to respect the investigation,” police said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Thursday, April 22nd: Getting Kids to do Their Chores; FTCC Students Return to Campus
- Masked man shot by grandfather during break-in dies
- Virginia police charge woman suspected of sharing officer’s personal information online
- Authorities searching for ‘armed and dangerous’ man after woman found dead in Pulaski County under suspicious circumstances
- Vaccine demand slowing as milestones reached