RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Happening Saturday and well into Sunday in Raleigh: a man undertaking a 24-hour run to raise money for an important cause.
John Frey started the run at 3 p.m. Saturday and plans to keep running until 3 p.m. Sunday at the historic Oakwood Cemetery.
Frey is on a mission to raise money for Healing Transitions an organization dedicated to helping people recover from addiction.
Last year Frey raised over $30,000 to support the non-profit group. Several people are joining him in the effort.
If you would like to donate to Healing Transitions, click here.
- Biden to lay out plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Can’t make it to Memphis? Elvis Presley’s Graceland starting virtual tours
- What else is in Biden’s $1.9T coronavirus plan? $15 federal minimum wage, expanded paid leave
- ‘Strong evidence’ suggests Capitol rioters intended to ‘capture and assassinate’ officials, US prosecutors say
- 4-year-old Arkansas boy develops serious condition resulting from COVID-19