WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WNCN) — A multi-car crash with injuries closed N.C. 98 west of Wake Forest for about a half hour Tuesday evening, officials said.
The wreck was reported just before 6 p.m. along N.C. 98 near Stony Hill Road just north of Falls Lake, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
At least three vehicles were involved in the crash in which injuries were reported, the North Carolina State Highway Patrol said.
An alert from NCDOT said a lane of N.C. 98 was closed in each direction. There’s no word on what caused the crash or the severity of injuries.
The NCDOT alert initially said the scene would be cleared by 8 p.m. The road reopened just after 6:20 p.m.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Clayton HS honors first responders, firefighter who died from COVID-19 before football opener
- 2 arrested on multiple drug charges; woman hid fentanyl ‘inside her body,’ deputies say
- Durham Public Schools puts plan to return to in-person instruction on hold
- High school football kicks off in the Triangle as COVID-19 restrictions set to ease
- ‘Shook the whole building’ – 1.9 magnitude earthquake reported in Sparta