RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Three men have been charged in a broad-daylight shooting that killed a young man Monday outside a southeast Raleigh community center, police said Tuesday evening.
Police said Quadir Ford, 22, was shot just after 12:30 Monday afternoon. He was rushed to the hospital but didn’t survive.
Police said three young men have been charged and arrested in the deadly shooting: Nicholas Raymond Holloway, 21, Gerald Thomas, 23, and Eric Micheal Scott 22.
All three are charged with murder, according to arrest records.
Crime tape blocked the street between Worthdale Park and the community center on Monday afternoon.
Police have not said what led up to the shooting.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- North Carolina community colleges to train law enforcement officers on impartial policing
- Fight over wearing mask leads to fatal police shooting, state police say
- Get started in your new career with an apprenticeship
- Monday, July 13th : Start a new career with an apprenticeship, SOAR into fall with St. Augustine’s University
- Confederate monument removed from Buncombe County courthouse
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now