RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Three men have been charged in a broad-daylight shooting that killed a young man Monday outside a southeast Raleigh community center, police said Tuesday evening.
Police said Quadir Ford, 22, was shot just after 12:30 Monday afternoon. He was rushed to the hospital but didn’t survive.
Police said three young men have been charged and arrested in the deadly shooting: Nicholas Raymond Holloway, 21, Gerald Thomas, 23, and Eric Micheal Scott 22.
All three are charged with murder, according to arrest records.
Crime tape blocked the street between Worthdale Park and the community center on Monday afternoon.
Police have not said what led up to the shooting.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham police investigating attempted ATM theft at Bank of America; suspects on the run
- Looking for love? Skip this popular type of Halloween costume
- About 8,000 Wake County students gradually returning to classrooms starting Monday
- Despite aide’s COVID-19 diagnosis, Pence campaigns for Trump in Kinston
- Bikers gather to honor memory of Florida officer killed in line of duty in 2005
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now