RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A vehicle that was left running in a North Raleigh neighborhood Friday morning was stolen by three suspects and ended up crashed in someone’s backyard, police said.
According to police, three people jumped into an idling vehicle in the 6200-block of North Hills Drive around 7 a.m.
An officer tried stopping the vehicle and two suspects then jumped out and ran off, police said. Those two suspects were quickly apprehended and taken into custody.
The driver of the stolen vehicle sped off after his passengers jumped out, according to officials. Police said they did not give chase.
The stolen vehicle was found a short time later after it hit a mailbox and crashed into someone’s backyard in the 500-block of Northclift Drive, authorities said.
The driver of the vehicle was injured in the crash but was still able to run from the scene, according to police. He was captured by police and arrested.
Charges for the three suspects have not been filed yet.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 5 questions we have ahead of Thursday’s final Trump-Biden debate
- WATCH: Police bust massive house party in Ohio
- At NC event, Kamala Harris says she believes Trump is a racist, calls on voters to mobilize
- Mark your calendar: Daylight saving (and extra sleep) just days away
- Trump spokesperson says armed men outside Florida early voting location not hired by campaign
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now