RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A woman was killed and two men were wounded in a shooting near downtown Raleigh Friday night — about an hour after another deadly shooting near New Bern Avenue, police say.
The second shooting of the night was reported just before 9:05 p.m. at 503 Bragg Street, which is just south of downtown Raleigh, police said.
” Upon arrival, (police) located the body of an adult female victim. They also found two adult male victims with gunshot wounds,” police said in a news release.
One of the two men who were wounded appeared to be shot in his leg, according to a CBS 17 journalist at the scene.
In the first deadly shooting, police responded to a shooting call shortly after 8 p.m. Friday. They arrived at the scene along the 1700 block of Trawick Road to find a man dead, the release said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Moore Research and Chubby’s Tacos
- ‘I-5 Strangler’ found strangled to death in California prison cell
- Charlotte police ask for help identifying brazen jewelry store thieves
- Idaho lawmaker under fire for saying moms should stay home
- Senate to debate virus relief amid tightened Capitol security