RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A woman was killed and two men were wounded in a shooting near downtown Raleigh Friday night — about an hour after another deadly shooting near New Bern Avenue, police say.
The second shooting of the night was reported just before 9:05 p.m. at 503 Bragg Street, which is just south of downtown Raleigh, police said.
” Upon arrival, (police) located the body of an adult female victim. They also found two adult male victims with gunshot wounds,” police said in a news release.
One of the two men who were wounded appeared to be shot in his leg, according to a CBS 17 journalist at the scene.
In the first deadly shooting, police responded to a shooting call shortly after 8 p.m. Friday. They arrived at the scene along the 1700 block of Trawick Road to find a man dead, the release said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham County issues stay-at-home order as COVID-19 cases top 100
- Trump considering quarantine for NY, NJ and Connecticut
- NC State Highway Patrol community mourns death of trooper in Wayne County crash
- NC jobless claims hit 26k in a day after averaging 25k a week during Great Recession
- NC-based Krispy Kreme is giving out a free dozen doughnuts to healthcare workers
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now