RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Four motorcyclists were injured and lanes on U.S. 70 in Raleigh were closed Saturday afternoon after several motorcycles crashed, Raleigh police said.
The incident happened around 1:40 p.m. along U.S. 70 near Interstate 540 when a large group of motorcyclists was driving nearby.
Within that group, one motorcyclist hit three others and all four vehicles crashed, according to police.
Police said they were not sure what triggered the crash.
Lanes on U.S. 70 were closed. Officials said they expect the lanes to be closed until about 3:40 p.m.
The four injured motorcyclists were taken to Duke Hospital, police said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- CDC issues ‘aggressive’ rat warning
- Rental car companies struggling amid pandemic expected to sell vehicles at huge discounts
- Biscuits and Gravy, the rare kitten born with two faces, dies
- President Trump lays Memorial Day wreath at Arlington
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Auto-CSR at Wells Fargo, USPS sales and distribution associate available