RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A fourth person has been charged in the shooting death of a Raleigh teen earlier this month, police said Friday.
Zaequan Deloatch, 17, was killed in a shooting on Feb. 13 just before 11 p.m. in the 5400 block of Duckling Way.
Officers arrived and found Deloatch suffering a gunshot wound. He was transported to the hospital where he died.
Police have not released a motive for the shooting.
Police said Friday that Brandon Romero, 18, is charged with murder in the case, but he has not been apprehended.
Three people were arrested and charged with murder within the first four days following the deadly shooting, police said.
Trampus Malik Brodie, 21, James Carlos Jarquin, 18, of Zebulon, and Santiago Alejandro Pacheco, 19, of Wendell were previously charged and taken into custody.
Anyone with information on Romero’s location is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for anonymous tips that help solve cases.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 22-year-old charged with girlfriend’s murder in West Knoxville shooting
- 1 dead in motorcycle crash along S. Saunders St. near I-40 in Raleigh, police say
- Vendors grateful for opportunity presented by NC State Fair food event
- Triangle law enforcement issuing very few citations as COVID-19 cases continue to increase
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now