CARY, N.C. (WNCN) – A Cary woman faces felony charges after police said she crashed her vehicle while impaired – causing a 7-year-old passenger to suffer a skull fracture, arrest warrants state.
Page E. Csonka, 29, faces charges of felony reckless driving to endanger, felony serious injury by vehicle, felony intentional child abuse causing serious bodily injury, and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
The charges stem from a crash on SE Maynard Road near Walnut Street on Sunday.
Warrants say Csonka was driving while impaired when she crashed.
A 7-year-old passenger suffered a skull fracture in the crash, warrants say.
“The impaired driving offense was the proximate cause of the serious injury,” the warrant states.
Police also found used needles in her vehicle, leading the to possession of drug paraphernalia charge.
Csonka received a $125,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court Monday.
If she posts bond, she is not allowed to have any contact with the child.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Parents upset with candy-filled pill bottles distributed at NC middle school’s career day
- Colleague’s late father motivates NCCU professor to work for new pancreatic cancer treatments
- Police ID dead man dropped off at WakeMed after Raleigh shooting
- Aho scores 2 to lead Hurricanes past Senators 8-2
- 2 Cookout employees fired after Roxboro officer refused service