RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The man police say tried to rob a bank last week but ended up leaving without any money has been arrested.
The attempted robbery happened around 8:45 a.m. on Aug. 7 at First Citizens Bank on Capital Boulevard in Raleigh.
According to police, the suspect entered the bank and demanded money. He implied he had a weapon on him, police said.
The man quickly ran from the scene without taking any money, according to authorities.
No one was injured during the incident.
Police have now arrested and charged Terry Barnes, 70, with attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon.
He is being held in the Wake County Detention Center under a $50,000 secured bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Officer shot in Louisville walks into roll call the next morning
- Ginsburg is first woman to lie in state at US Capitol
- 3 accused of creating man cave under NYC’s Grand Central Terminal
- Rock Quarry Road in Raleigh reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- 2 vehicles drive into crowd protesting Breonna Taylor’s killing; at least 1 hit
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now