RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – An 85-year-old man was hit and killed by a vehicle Thursday evening as he crossed Falls of Neuse Road, police said.
Officers were called to the 9500 block of Falls of Neuse Road around 8:35 p.m. in reference to a pedestrian-involved traffic collision.
Officers found James Howard Camp, 85, had been struck by a vehicle traveling south on Falls of Neuse Road.
Camp was crossing the road when he was hit, police said.
The driver of the vehicle then fled the scene.
No charges have been filed.
The 9500 block of Falls of Neuse is just north of the road’s interchange with Interstate-540 and the location of several shops and businesses.
Anyone with information that might assist the investigation is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or visit raleighcrimestoppers.org for text and email reporting options. CrimeStopppers pays cash rewards for anonymous tips that help solve cases.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- After nearly closing due to the pandemic, Raleigh costume shop seeing big Halloween business
- 8-year-old accidentally shot, killed inside NC home, police say
- As virus surges, Trump rallies keep packing in thousands
- Colorado man denied lottery winnings after missing deadline by 3 days
- Tracking the Tropics: Disturbance has 80% chance of developing over the Caribbean
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now