GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) – The man suspected of killing a woman who was found dead along a road in Garner in May was released from the hospital Thursday and charged with murder, records show.
Jasmine Nicole Upsher, 23, of Green Level in Alamance County, was found dead on around 4:15 p.m. on May 2 along U.S. 70 Business near Auburn Knightdale and Raynor roads.
The suspect, 27-year-old Terrance Laquan Scott, of Clayton, later wrecked his SUV and shot himself, the Wake County Sheriff’s Office said.
According to sheriff’s office spokesman Eric Curry, a witness told deputies she heard gunshots coming from a burgundy SUV stopped at the intersection.
The witness said Upsher was then pushed or jumped from the vehicle.
Upsher was suffering from gunshot wounds at that time.
Immediately following the incident, deputies said that Scott drove east before losing control and crashing into a median.
Scott was found suffering from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was taken to WakeMed with life-threatening injuries.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 22-year-old charged with girlfriend’s murder in West Knoxville shooting
- 1 dead in motorcycle crash along S. Saunders St. near I-40 in Raleigh, police say
- Vendors grateful for opportunity presented by NC State Fair food event
- Triangle law enforcement issuing very few citations as COVID-19 cases continue to increase
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now