RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – One woman in southeast Raleigh is excited about a sidewalk completed in her community.
In October, Cynthia Etheridge reached out to CBS 17 hoping to get answers about the sidewalk at Rock Quarry Road and Interstate 40. It ended at the overpass.
CBS 17’s Laura Smith took her concerns to the North Carolina Department of Transportation and found crews were planning to put a sidewalk on the overpass but needed to make bridge repairs first.
The bridgework is now complete and CBS 17 can confirm the sidewalk continues over I-40. Pedestrians were seen using it.
“Three years in the making and I got nowhere until I called you,” Etheridge said. “I’m just a concerned citizen and the feedback has been wonderful.”
The NCDOT is now beautifying the interchange with new trees and plants.
Etheridge said she can’t wait to use the new sidewalk.
If you have something that is driving you crazy on your drive let Laura Smith know about it. Email her at LSmith@cbs17.com.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Make the most of your favorite summer snacks
- Tuesday, August 4th : Make the most of your favorite summer snacks, Kick off a new career
- The Salvation Army of Wake County to give out free fans on Saturday
- Second stimulus checks: Sides hope to reach deal this week on package with $1,200 payments
- Protest leader Cori Bush ousts 20-year US Rep. Clay in Missouri primary
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now