RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Tired of watching movies at home? AMC movie theatres across North Carolina will be reopening throughout October.
The announcement comes as Gov. Roy Cooper moved to allow movie theatres to reopen starting on Oct. 2 when the state moves to Phase 3 of reopening.
The company says they plan to resume operations at 23 North Carolina locations throughout the month, beginning on Oct. 9 when 12 “higher-volume” locations reopen. The remaining 11 AMC’s in North Carolina will reopen on Oct. 16.
On Oct. 9, AMC’s in the Triangle including AMC Fayetteville 14, AMC DINE-IN Holly Springs 9, AMC Market Fair 15, AMC Park Place 16 and AMC DINE-IN Southpoint 17 will reopen. Oct. 16 will see the reopening of AMC CLASSIC Durham 15 and AMC CLASSIC Wilson 10.
Upon returning to the movies, the company says AMC guests can expect to experience AMC’s comprehensive health and sanitation program.
- 7-year-old Jeopardy! superfan gets sweet message from Alex Trebek after dressing up as ‘mini-Trebek’ for Halloween
- At least 1 dead as Hurricane Zeta hammers Gulf Coast
- U.S. Marshals searching for ‘armed and dangerous’ man in NC
- President Trump targeting rural voters in recent NC campaign stops
- ALERT DAY: Zeta remnants bring severe weather, wind to NC Thursday
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now