CARY, N.C. (WNCN) – Another sale of bulk North Carolina seafood will be held in Cary after a successful sale a month ago.
Locals Seafood is working with Fortnight Brewing Co., Lee’s Produce, the North Carolina Department of Agriculture, and the North Carolina Farm Bureau to put it together. The frozen seafood will go straight from the coast to the Cary brewery, a news release said.
The bulk orders that can be made are:
- Frozen sea scallops (20/30 count, chem free, individually frozen) – $68/5 lb bag
- Frozen shucked select oysters (frozen quart) – $38/quart
- Frozen jumbo shrimp, 16/20 count (headless/in shell, individually frozen) – $26/2 lb bag
- Frozen wild catfish (individually frozen skinless fillets) – $30 for 5 lb bag
Anyone interested needs to put in a prepaid online order by Wednesday at 11:59 p.m. Then print or screenshot the receipt and be prepared to present it with an ID upon pickup.
Orders can be picked up at Fortnight Brewing — located at 1006 SW Maynard Rd. — on Friday between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
In addition to the seafood and beer, you can also pick up fresh fruit and vegetable boxes from Lee’s Produce. They can also be ordered from the website listed above.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Fayetteville 2-year-old dies from self-inflicted gunshot wound, police say
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- Massachusetts man puts up electric fence to protect Trump campaign sign
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- ‘My sister is a fighter’ – NC domestic violence victim survives being shot in face
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now