APEX, N.C. (WNCN) – A 19-year-old was arrested Thursday after a traffic stop revealed he was selling drugs via social media, according to a news release from the Wake County Sheriff’s Office.
After a traffic stop, a warrant was obtained to search William Garrett Patterson’s Apex residence. Deputies found LSD, codeine, marijuana, and oxycodone, with a street value of over $17,000, the release said.
Patterson is charged with manufacturing a Schedule VI controlled substance, trafficking in LSD, and trafficking opium or heroin, records show.
He is being held at the Wake County Detention Center under a $300,000 secured bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham County leaders approve budget that includes property tax hike
- As pandemic-plagued schoolyear finishes up, Wake County families look toward fall
- Man shot near Food Lion in Raleigh in 2nd Poole Road shooting within hours
- Couple misses flight at NC airport, claims wheelchair assistant left them in room for 10 hours
- Cleveland RB Hampton soon to be fully cleared after ankle injury