APEX, N.C. (WNCN) – A 19-year-old was arrested Thursday after a traffic stop revealed he was selling drugs via social media, according to a news release from the Wake County Sheriff’s Office.
After a traffic stop, a warrant was obtained to search William Garrett Patterson’s Apex residence. Deputies found LSD, codeine, marijuana, and oxycodone, with a street value of over $17,000, the release said.
Patterson is charged with manufacturing a Schedule VI controlled substance, trafficking in LSD, and trafficking opium or heroin, records show.
He is being held at the Wake County Detention Center under a $300,000 secured bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Rand Paul blocks vote on bill to aid 9/11 first responders
- Gubernatorial candidate won’t meet alone with a woman who is not his wife
- Federal agency: “Go back to where you came from” is discrimination
- VP Pence touts defense budget increases during Fort Bragg visit
- Trump slams congresswomen in Greenville rally; crowd roars, ‘Send her back!’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now