APEX, N.C. (WNCN) – A 19-year-old was arrested Thursday after a traffic stop revealed he was selling drugs via social media, according to a news release from the Wake County Sheriff’s Office.
After a traffic stop, a warrant was obtained to search William Garrett Patterson’s Apex residence. Deputies found LSD, codeine, marijuana, and oxycodone, with a street value of over $17,000, the release said.
Patterson is charged with manufacturing a Schedule VI controlled substance, trafficking in LSD, and trafficking opium or heroin, records show.
He is being held at the Wake County Detention Center under a $300,000 secured bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for parts of Wake, Nash and Franklin counties
- NC girls, their parents among 5 killed in interstate crash
- US flag ordered down at construction site; could be ‘target’ for protesters
- Police officer killed by man holding a beer in Home Depot parking lot
- Search continues for NC mom missing more than 2 weeks
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now