APEX, N.C. (WNCN) – A 19-year-old was arrested Thursday after a traffic stop revealed he was selling drugs via social media, according to a news release from the Wake County Sheriff’s Office.
After a traffic stop, a warrant was obtained to search William Garrett Patterson’s Apex residence. Deputies found LSD, codeine, marijuana, and oxycodone, with a street value of over $17,000, the release said.
Patterson is charged with manufacturing a Schedule VI controlled substance, trafficking in LSD, and trafficking opium or heroin, records show.
He is being held at the Wake County Detention Center under a $300,000 secured bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- National anesthesiologist shortage impacting NC facilities, including UNC hospital
- 6 hurt when bull escapes Northern California rodeo arena
- 3-year-old kidnapped in NC carjacking at Sheetz; man later arrested
- Roman candle used in effort to torch police car in Johnston County town
- NC diesel fuel heist ends in police chase, man arrested