APEX, N.C. (WNCN) – A Wake County man is charged with starting a house fire last week that injured a Cary firefighter, according to documents obtained Monday.
Charles Lamont King, 51, of Apex was arrested Sunday afternoon in connection with the Aug. 8 fire.
King is accused of setting fire to a home located along the 8100 block of Smith Road in Apex, warrants say.
The house was unoccupied at the time of the fire.
The Cary firefighter suffered burns while fighting the fire that required him to be hospitalized, court documents say.
King is being held on a $100,000 bond and is due in court Monday.
If King posts bail, he can not have any contact with the resident the home he is charged with lighting on fire, warrants say.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Your pictures from central NC’s biggest snow of the season
- Should fewer Americans get a $1,400 stimulus check?
- Durham County sheriff requiring employees to get COVID-19 vaccine
- Former Wake County deputy arrested after hours-long standoff, sheriff’s office says
- No. 20 Hokies rebound from road loss to top Notre Dame 62-51