APEX, N.C. (WNCN) — The community is coming together to help an elderly Apex man who’s being forced out of his home.
Lynn Council survived an attempted lynching back in the 1950s.
He currently lives in a section of Holly Springs where Interstate 540 is expanding.
The State of North Carolina is helping pay for him to relocate and he’s already found a new house.
Council’s attorney says the problem is he received a $20,000 loan decades ago for his current home. The conditions were he didn’t owe any money until he moved or died.
One man started a GoFundMe, and the results have been overwhelming.
The fundraising goal has been met and more than 560 people have donated as of Tuesday morning.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 22-year-old charged with girlfriend’s murder in West Knoxville shooting
- 1 dead in motorcycle crash along S. Saunders St. near I-40 in Raleigh, police say
- Vendors grateful for opportunity presented by NC State Fair food event
- Triangle law enforcement issuing very few citations as COVID-19 cases continue to increase
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now