APEX, N.C. (WNCN) — Apex police have charged a woman who they say admitted to spray painting “F Trump” on a campaign sign supporting President Donald Trump.
Police say Caroline Quinn Gayle was arrested Thursday near Salem Street in Apex and charged with criminal vandalism.
Apex Police Deputy Chief Mitchell McKinney told CBS 17 that Gayle was spotted with a backpack by an officer and smelled of paint.
When asked if she did the spray painting, she initially said no but later admitted to the crime.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Inmates can get COVID-19 relief money, no matter their offense, judge rules
- Trump paints apocalyptic portrait of life in US under Biden
- Durham Dark and Mysterious Ghost Walk details spooky history of the Bull City
- Man killed in Charlotte, marking city’s 100th homicide this year
- Second stimulus checks: What’s the status of $1,200 payments?
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now