RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) - Raleigh police Saturday confirmed that suspects detained in a Chapel Hill CVS robbery were also connected to a similar CVS robbery in Raleigh Monday.
Greensboro police made the arrests Friday after the Raleigh and Chapel Hill CVS stores were robbed within 45 minutes of each other early Monday morning.
Greensboro police were investigating several robberies at several CVS and Walgreens stores in that area when they made the arrests.
The first Triangle-area robbery happened around 2:30 a.m. Monday at the store at the corner of Fordham Boulevard and Ephesus Church Road in Chapel Hill, police said.
Then, about 45 minutes later, the CVS at 2411 Landmark Drive in Raleigh was robbed, Raleigh police said.
Witnesses said each set of thieves consisted of a trio of men, one of which was wearing a white hockey mask. Chapel Hill police called the disguise "a Jason mask," presumably after a villain in "Friday the 13th" movies.
Images from Raleigh police also showed a man in a white hockey mask.
In both Triangle cases, three suspects were seen by witnesses with two armed men entering the store and conducting the robbery. A third man stayed outside the CVS in both robberies, officials said.
Chapel Hill police said the men were dressed in dark clothing and were wearing masks.
Raleigh police said that Kalil Barrino, 18, Jelani Dye, 18, Jaelin Crowder, 20, and Christian Sarpy, 19, are being held in the Guilford County Jail.
Each suspect is facing charges of robbery with a dangerous weapon, second-degree kidnapping, and conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon, Raleigh police said.
- Chapel Hill man drove Camaro 157 mph while fleeing authorities, Goldsboro police say
- After attack in Wake Forest parking lot, police to focus on keeping holiday shoppers safe
- Motorcyclist dies in collision with car in Durham, police say
- Group arranges shoes in Raleigh to remember 1,412 people killed on NC roads last year
- NC man killed during armed robbery at US Virgin Islands bar
- Sentencing set for Colorado man with NC ties after guilty plea in family killings
- NC college football player killed in fiery crash in Fayetteville, team officials say
- 10+ shots fired during NC officer-involved shooting Monday morning, police say