RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Raleigh police are investigating after a man initially appeared to be wounded in a shooting that happened Friday afternoon.
The shooting was reported around 2:10 p.m. at the intersection of East Lenoir Street and Iron Meadow Run.
The call first came in as a pedestrian hit at the location, which is just southeast of downtown Raleigh.
When officers arrived, they located an adult male suffering from a gunshot wound, police said.
Around 6 p.m., police said that the man was not hit by gunfire. Authorities did not say how he was injured.
He was transported to WakeMed with what are believed to be a non-life-threatening injuries.
An area along East Lenoir Street was surrounded by crime scene tape and the road was closed for about a block.
No other information was released by police.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Stranger gives Virginia waitress $650 tip through ‘Venmo challenge’
- WATCH: Alligator charges, tips over kayaker on NC river
- Driving You Crazy: Faded lines on the Beltline concerning some drivers
- NC man offers $10,000 reward in death of 19 hunting dogs
- Durham County wants to hear from you about the 2020 early voting plan