RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Atlantic Avenue was blocked at Millbrook Road due to a “significant” gas leak, according to Raleigh police.
The leak began around 4:15 p.m. when a 2-inch gas line was damaged, police said.
Traffic was impacted at the peak of rush-hour travel as drivers were forced to find alternate routes.
Dominion Energy said the gas leak was caused by a third party.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- How the Greensboro Coliseum plans to keep everyone safe during the ACC Tournament
- Woman sells baked goods to pay the bills; business takes off
- Virginia college student drank alcohol, was blindfolded and hit head on tree before death, cousin says
- DEA, TSA seize cash from air travelers not suspected of crimes, lawsuit says
- NC deputies investigate shooting along highway, 1 person taken to hospital