WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WNCN) — Firefighters in Wake Forest are investigating the cause of a Saturday house fire.
The blaze happened at a home in the 8000 block of Thompson Mill Road around 2 p.m.
The house was occupied at the time of the fire, but investigators at the scene said everyone in the home managed to get out in time.
The fire damage was contained to one room.
Authorities cut power to the house while crews investigated a possible electrical problem as the fire’s cause.
The residents were allowed back into the home after the fire.
- Vigil held in Durham for slain Texas soldier Vanessa Guillen
- Man charged in shooting that killed boy at Alabama mall
- Teen dirt-bike rider killed at NC interstate off-ramp
- 19 taken to hospitals after tree falls on garage during child’s birthday party
- NC group angered by removal of statues displays giant Confederate flag along I-40
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now