WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WNCN) — Firefighters in Wake Forest are investigating the cause of a Saturday house fire.
The blaze happened at a home in the 8000 block of Thompson Mill Road around 2 p.m.
The house was occupied at the time of the fire, but investigators at the scene said everyone in the home managed to get out in time.
The fire damage was contained to one room.
Authorities cut power to the house while crews investigated a possible electrical problem as the fire’s cause.
The residents were allowed back into the home after the fire.
- ‘They’ named Merriam-Webster’s word of the year
- ‘Wheel of Fortune’ airs episodes featuring Vanna White hosting solo for first time
- Line that provides power for Ocracoke to go underground
- Baby born deaf gets hearing aids, squeals with joy
- Supreme Court rejects challenge to Kentucky abortion law requiring ultrasounds
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now