CARY, N.C. (WNCN) – Six Beagles get another chance at living a full life after they were rescued from the Chinese meat industry.
Triangle Beagle Rescue of North Carolina saved the dogs. They were taken to Cary.
“Our mission is to work locally with rescues and shelters and stray dogs here in the state of North Carolina,” said Lisa Mason with Triangle Beagle Rescue. “But, once in a blue moon, you get to do something kind of interesting and different.
“We’re not a political group or a social-activist group trying to do anything in China on the ground. That’s what they’re doing. What we’re doing is bringing these dogs here, then giving them a new start on life.”
Foster families have been set up to take in the dogs.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC island where Isaias made landfall attracts sightseers; residents seek privacy
- Black Lives Matter billboard beside Confederate flag in Pittsboro may come down soon
- Many near UNC seen wearing masks, socially distancing amid crackdown effort
- NC teachers rally for 2nd coronavirus relief bill that they say would help education
- Dirt bike rider seriously injured in collision with SUV in Fayetteville
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now