RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A bicyclist died Tuesday evening after a crash with a vehicle in downtown Raleigh, police said.
The crash happened around 9:30 p.m. near the intersection of McDowell and Lenoir streets. The driver of the vehicle remained on the scene, police said.
Neither speed nor alcohol is believed to have been a factor in the crash. Police remained on scene investigating late Tuesday night.
Police don’t anticipate any charges against the driver.
The identity of the adult male cyclist has not been released at this time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Johnston County school bus involved in crash, 4 students injured, officials say
- Sponsored Content: NC DHHS Vaccine Safety
- NCDOT’s Spring Litter Sweep now underway
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Poll looks at what workers want in a company
- Va. police officer fired after Black Army officer pepper-sprayed during stop