RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A bicyclist died Tuesday evening after a crash with a vehicle in downtown Raleigh, police said.
The crash happened around 9:30 p.m. near the intersection of McDowell and Lenoir streets. The driver of the vehicle remained on the scene, police said.
Neither speed nor alcohol is believed to have been a factor in the crash. Police remained on scene investigating late Tuesday night.
Police don’t anticipate any charges against the driver.
The identity of the adult male cyclist has not been released at this time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mom warns of dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after son dies after a day on the lake
- 100+ firefighters extinguish large fire at former school in Wendell
- Durham man busted with ‘Gray Death’ drugs after 120 mph chase on I-95, Nash County sheriff says
- 1 dead in 2-vehicle crash in Durham, police say
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now