RALEIGH, N.C. (WNC) — As the 2020 campaign for president heats up, the group Black Voices for Trump held an event in Raleigh on Monday.
It was no mistake that it was held on Martin Luther King Jr. Day. The group paid tribute to board members, civil rights activist Clarence Henderson and bloggers and Fox News hosts Diamond and Silk.
The panel discussion focused on the life and legacy of King and how they say the black community has transformed under President Trump.
Many of those in the crowd had traveled from all across the Triangle and beyond to attend.
Diamond and Silk are sisters from Raeford who have been featured at many Trump rallies.
Their real names are Lynnette Hardaway (Diamond) and Rochelle Richards (Silk) and describe themselves as former Democrats.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Bernie Sanders ends presidential campaign after disappointing primary results
- Free and low cost internet service for N.C residents
- Feds seize 100 unauthorized COVID-19 test kits shipped to Oregon man
- NC reports 53 coronavirus-related deaths, 3,426 total cases
- SC Senator urges HHS to report on racial disparities in COVID-19 pandemic
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now