RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A baby boy born Tuesday in Raleigh was born at the same hospital as his father, on the same day, 23 years apart.
Malik Irvin Hunter II was born at UNC REX on Sept. 22, 2020. He was named for his father, who was born at the same place on Sept. 22, 1997, the hospital said.
Everyone is doing well and the plan is for them to go home on Thursday, UNC REX said.
The hospital said “life goes on during these chaotic times,” referring to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. More than 3,500 babies have been born at UNC REX in 2020.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- An inside look at how North Carolina counties review absentee ballots
- Tropical Storm Zeta strengthens, is expected to regain hurricane status Wednesday
- 3 Wake County high schools confirm COVID-19 case associated with athletics
- Man buys car for stranger after learning of ‘distraught’ single mother’s plight
- Idaho men charged with conspiring to sell hard-to-trace guns in North Carolina
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now