RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A boy was injured when he was hit by a car in a Raleigh apartment complex parking area Friday night, police said.
The incident was reported around 8:20 p.m. in the 3000 block of Oligvy Court, which is at the Sumerlyn apartments off Rock Quarry Road, according to police.
Police said a 6-year-old boy darted out into the parking area while chasing a soccer ball.
The boy was hit by a vehicle and suffered injuries to his left leg. The injuries are not life-threatening, police said.
The boy was taken by EMS to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Police said no charges are expected in the incident.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NFL legend Joe Montana stops home intruder who tried to kidnap his grandchild
- 1,290 new COVID-19 cases reported Sunday, percent positive up to 5.1 percent
- Third time not a charm for Blue Devils
- Texas woman says she was fired by Whataburger for wearing a Black Lives Matter mask
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson: Joe Biden is ‘the best choice to lead our country’