RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A boy was injured when he was hit by a car in a Raleigh apartment complex parking area Friday night, police said.
The incident was reported around 8:20 p.m. in the 3000 block of Oligvy Court, which is at the Sumerlyn apartments off Rock Quarry Road, according to police.
Police said a 6-year-old boy darted out into the parking area while chasing a soccer ball.
The boy was hit by a vehicle and suffered injuries to his left leg. The injuries are not life-threatening, police said.
The boy was taken by EMS to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Police said no charges are expected in the incident.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Raleigh buildings light up in amber to honor lives lost to COVID-19
- Winning jackpot numbers for Mega Millions are chosen
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- Durham city leaders pass nondiscrimination ordinance, includes hair
- Police, parents outraged over camera found inside girls changing room at Tennessee cheer studio