RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A staple of the downtown Raleigh business community for more than 150 years is leaving the city for Emerald Isle.
Briggs Hardware said Thursday in a statement that owner Evelyn Briggs Davis’ lease wasn’t renewed by the landlord, so she made the decision to open a new venture in Emerald Isle.
“It’s an exciting new chapter for both the business and my family,” said Davis, the sixth-generation owner of the company. “My family has had second homes on the Crystal Coast for a few decades, first at Atlantic Beach and now Emerald Isle. I plan to retire the store and myself at this wonderful beach.”
The grand opening of the new store is planned for Oct. 3 from 6-8 p.m. It will reside in the former location of the Carolina Wine Mixer at Emerald Isle, the statement said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham County leaders strongly discourage door-to-door Halloween trick-or-treating
- Colorado firefighters to homeowners: ‘If this note finds you we must have done something right’
- Social media scams have cost consumers $117M already this year – Here’s what to look out for
- COVID-19 cluster closes Person County school for in-person learning
- Florida school district investigating claims that cheerleader was forced to kneel during anthem
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now