ST. MATTHEWS, N.C. (WNCN) – A car fell off a bridge and into an embankment Wednesday evening in Wake County, Raleigh police said.
The incident happened when the driver went between two bridges and down the embankment. Raleigh police said the driver was the only person in the vehicle.
The driver was checked out at the scene by EMS. Police said they received the call between 6 and 6:15 p.m.
The car was still in the embankment as of 7:10 p.m.
No further information was available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Gun thieves shot at Fayetteville police as officers responded to pawnshop break-in, official says
- It’s official, Robert E. Lee statue in Virginia to be removed ‘as soon as possible’
- Kanye West donates $2M, pays college tuition for George Floyd’s daughter
- Work closes I-440 west at Lake Boone Trail overnight, NCDOT says
- Raleigh barbershop owner wants to thank men who stopped looter from destroying his business
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now