ST. MATTHEWS, N.C. (WNCN) – A car fell off a bridge and into an embankment Wednesday evening in Wake County, Raleigh police said.
The incident happened when the driver went between two bridges and down the embankment. Raleigh police said the driver was the only person in the vehicle.
The driver was checked out at the scene by EMS. Police said they received the call between 6 and 6:15 p.m.
The car was still in the embankment as of 7:10 p.m.
No further information was available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Woman on motorcycle dies in Fayetteville crash, police say
- VIDEO: Massive fire destroys oceanfront home at NC island
- Couple nabbed after man kicks puppy into Myrtle Beach pool
- Crews searching for young man who vanished during night swim at NC coast
- Woman charged in deadly shooting during NC domestic dispute
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now