ST. MATTHEWS, N.C. (WNCN) – A car fell off a bridge and into an embankment Wednesday evening in Wake County, Raleigh police said.
The incident happened when the driver went between two bridges and down the embankment. Raleigh police said the driver was the only person in the vehicle.
The driver was checked out at the scene by EMS. Police said they received the call between 6 and 6:15 p.m.
The car was still in the embankment as of 7:10 p.m.
No further information was available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Karen forms near Caribbean, still watching Jerry and soon-to-be Lorenzo
- GM adds 2 model years to recall involving welds in small SUVs
- NC fugitive who tricked 4 bondsmen is caught after 8-hour standoff
- Residents excited as 1st grocery store opens in downtown Raleigh
- Thomas’ TD return helps NC State beat Ball State 34-23
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now