RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A car plowed into two utility poles in downtown Raleigh early Friday – leaving power lines in the street.
The vehicle knocked down the poles at the intersection of Edenton Street and Seawell Avenue.
Duke Energy said around 170 customers are without power.
The driver, who police said may have been impaired, was transported to the hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
Duke Energy is on scene to repair the damaged poles and other equipment.
CBS 17 has a crew at the scene and will update this story as it develops.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- LGBT Center of Raleigh offers help to those protesting downtown
- US heads into a new week shaken by violence and pandemic
- Semi driver charged after driving tanker truck through crowd of Minneapolis protesters
- Wake County offering drive-thru COVID-19 testing for at-risk residents
- George Floyd’s children denounce violence following protests across the country