CARY, N.C. (WNCN)– Cary is one of America’s top 10 happiest cities, according to a study from Zippia.
Cary comes in at number four, with Bloomington, Illinois coming in at first place.
“Cary may only be the 7th largest city in North Carolina, but is number one in happiness. An impressive 64 percent of Cary households earn $75,000 or more. That means families in Cary can afford peace of mind,” Zippia wrote about Cary.
According to Zippia, the list is from cities that are well-educated (population with at least a bachelor’s degree), percent of households earning above $75,000, median home prices, a short commute to work and having a family.
Zippia said it examined 600 cities that fit the above metrics and that’s how the final list was compiled.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 22-year-old charged with girlfriend’s murder in West Knoxville shooting
- 1 dead in motorcycle crash along S. Saunders St. near I-40 in Raleigh, police say
- Vendors grateful for opportunity presented by NC State Fair food event
- Triangle law enforcement issuing very few citations as COVID-19 cases continue to increase
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her