RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A Cary man has been arrested in connection with a sexual assault that occurred inside university housing at North Carolina State University on Tuesday, according to a WolfAlert from the school.
According to the victim, an unknown man followed her inside of Hudson Hall where he then hugged, kissed and fondled her.
After assaulting the woman, the man left the scene.
North Carolina State University police were able to identify the suspect as 37-year-old Roberto Alvarez Jr. Warrants were issued and Alvarez was arrested by Cary police on Thursday morning.
Alvarez is charged with sexual battery, breaking or entering, and assault on an individual with a disability.
The suspect is being held in the Wake County Detention Center under a $6,000 secured bond. He is due in court on Friday, records show.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man seriously injured in Durham shooting, police say
- Les Miles, Kansas agree to ‘mutual’ split after LSU report on sexual complaints
- Durham County receives Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine; still no word about mass vaccination clinic
- 2 from NC among college baseball players arrested for hazing, SC deputies say
- 7-year-old girl who sold lemonade to pay for brain surgery recovering after procedure